Thursday, April 23, 2015

#TBT Seven Years Ago... then came Bartlett's Rule

My first book with Vanilla Heart Publishing was published in 
April 2008. I was so excited!

Author Lauren Shiro had made a connection with VHP's Managing Editor and she told me how impressed she was with Ms. Williams. I asked if she would mind if I contacted her, she wished me luck... It wasn't long before I received a response - Send The Manuscript!

Suddenly I was signing a book contract and waiting to see my name on the spine of a book. Kimberlee Williams walked me through promotion techniques, she designed a terrific book trailer and posted it on YouTube, and she arranged an on-air "Meet & Greet"

Soon after I had a book discussion and signing at a Nanuet bookstore and the very first time that I was asked to autograph a book was a feeling I will never, ever forget — Readers wanted MY autograph!!!


I wrote my first newspaper article when I was in college. In 1981 I began freelancing from home while our children were young, but I always said that I wanted to "grow up and become an author" and I did, I did!

I've published a few books with Vanilla Heart Publishing since then, I've had short stories and articles in other books with other publishers, and I am still writing articles for newspapers and magazines all over North America. It's been a thrilling and wondrous ride. Kimberlee has taught me so much about the publishing world and has been a terrific friend as well as publisher. I've also met some terrific people, other authors with Vanilla Heart Publishing. It's been a terrific seven years and I hope to look forward to many more. If you want to learn more about all of my VHP books, visit my website page.

About Bartlett's Rule

Bartlett's Rule shares the story of Lon and Paige's love affair; a romance filled with hardship, emotion, danger and triumph. Falling in love was never the challenge; being there for each other, knowing just what to say and making it work is the real test. Paige and Lon are real; they are human, they cry and they laugh. Paige has to learn to trust. Lon has to learn to be patient.

Bartlett’s Rule was named one of
Carolyn Howard-Johnson’s Top Ten Reads for 2009
on MyShelf.com

Reviews:

No comments: