Saturday, September 27, 2008

An ego boost of a day!

Writers adore praise and recognition, well, I do anyway.

Today my daughter called me from the Barnes & Noble store in the Palisades Mall, West Nyack NY to tell me that she just passed a display and there were copies of Bartlett's Rule on the table!

She said her thoughts were "Hey, that book looks familiar... wait a minute!"

I chuckled but it really does feel good to hear this. And yes folks, the Barnes & Noble Palisades store DOES carry two of my novels, Bartlett's Rule and Forgotten. So please visit them and buy my books!

Also, be sure to mark your calendars for Tuesday, October 14 at 7PM for the Local Authors Night at Barnes & Noble Palisades - I'll be there!
~~~~~
An online article was brought to my attention today - I'm mentioned in it.
It's a terrific article and very helpful to all writers. Please give it a read and DON'T miss my name... How to Write an Excellent First Draft for Novelists, Freelance Writers, & Editors By Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen
~~~~~
Powell's Books located in Oregon is another source for my novels, Bartlett's Rule and Forgotten - you can order them online right here. Or you can go into any of their six locations and if they don't have it on the shelf (please ask them why not?), they can order it for in-store pickup.
~~~~~
Finally, I have been thrilled ever since Shelagh Watkins sent me the link for the Forever Friends anthology - Forever Friends is collection of stories and poems, created by members of the Published Authors Forum on the world wide web and edited by Shelagh. My short story Not Alone is in this fantastic collection. Please check it out.

No comments: