Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The One Lovely Blog Award - Thank you to Tamara Philip

Thank you Tamara Philip for nominating me!
Tamara did this incredibly nice thing and nominated me for this honor
titled the "One Lovely Blog Award" and I am proud to wear that title
even if only for a few fleeting moments, weeks...
or however long it takes for it to disappear beneath the blog roll.

Being the curious individual that I am, and also being a journalist
who knows Research, Research, Research,
I began the search for the history of how this award came to be...

Alas, I found NOTHING
so I am going to make it up...

Some 75-years ago, a very nice and well-read blogger on the
World Wide Web decided to nominate original, entertaining and
truly unique blogs and thereby bring much internet traffic their way...
This blogger set out nominating blogs and sending along a set of rules
and pretty little logos to unsuspecting but worthy and talented bloggers -
and now I have been included in that very elite group!

Here are the rules:




  • You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
  • You must list the rules and display the award.
  • You must add 7 facts about yourself.
  • You must nominate 7 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
  • You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.


  • And of course, we must Pay-It-Forward

    Okay, here are SEVEN facts you probably never wanted to know about me:
    (or already know and are incredibly bored hearing again)

    1. I was conceived in the Catskills after my parents gave up having a 2nd child and blew their cash on a "new" used car and a vacation. My sister was sleeping in the other room.
    2. I once snuck on to the set of the Merv Griffin show hoping to meet the star of the show and talk him into giving me my BIG break as an actress... my timing was off and there were no stars present, only BURLY Security Guards - ouch.
    3. I once spent over an hour on the phone with a guy I didn't know after accidentally reaching him by dialing a WRONG number - he was just really interesting.
    4. When my oldest nephew was born the hospital was only letting the new grandparents onto the maternity floor to visit the new parents and see the child (behind glass), so I borrowed my then-boyfriend's jacket, rolled it up and stuffed it under the peasant dress I was wearing and then had my boyfriend "assist" me saying I was having labor pains. I did get in but received lots of frowns when the "baby bump" slipped.
    5. My boyfriend (another one) was a gifted guitarist and singer and performed regularly at our local community center - the night he dedicated "Wild Thing" to me, I thought it was the MOST romantic thing ever to happen to me in all of my 15-years!
    6. During an argument with my husband back in the days when we used 5 1/4-inch floppy disks in our computers I got so angry because he was winning (I was right, he was just more stubborn!) I threatened to erase all of his disks with magnets if I didn't get my way. P.S.: I didn't on both counts.
    7. I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of Vanilla Heart Publishing along with incredible talents like Angela Kay Austin, Charmaine Gordon, Lauren Shiro, Malcolm Campbell, Neva Squires-Rodriguez, Susan Berry & Tamara Philip and to work under the auspices of the ingenious Kimberlee Williams. (who, by the way, ALL deserve this prestigious award...)


    I hereby nominate my fellow authors at VHP & others on FaceBook - yes, even those who have been nominated previously - because they are truly among the most deserving of recognition and admiration.
    (It is entirely up to them to accept the challenge
    or silently curse me out
    )
    Whatever, please go visit all of their blogs,
    I promise you that you will enjoy.

    3 comments:

    Malcolm R. Campbell said...

    It's been a long time since I've heard anyone talking about the old "I'll erase these floppies with a magnet" comment. Long ago days.

    Charmaine Gordon said...

    Your 'made-up- background is wonderful. Only you, my journalist wonder friend could think of that. So I nominate you for The One Love Bog Award. Yes, I do.

    Anonymous said...

    lol Chelle this was a wonderful post and Thankyou for nominating me back.