Thursday, May 24, 2018

About GDPR

Although there are a lot of people who are unclear about if they need to comply with this new General Data Protection Regulation due to go into effect on May 25, a few things are clear — even if you are not based in the UK, if there is any possibility that you are doing ANY marketing to the UK, you need to comply. Fortunately several of my books have sold in the UK (thank you all so much) and I know my blog and website have been accessed from there as well. Based on what I have heard I need to take the appropriate steps to ensure I am in compliance.


My blog and my website offers me "analytics", I know the regions where people have checked in, the dates and referring URLs... I do not receive individual usage information. I do not share any of the non-descript information that I receive (except for an occasional brag in general that my blog is being checked out around the world. I do not share any of your information with anyone and have NO intention of doing so.

People visit my pages on social media sites like FaceBook and Twitter. Aside from generic analytics I have no more information than what you have decided to make public. Anything I post or receive through these networks is being conducted under their own GDPR compliance.

For more professional info on GDPR, you can read this article GDPR Summary.

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me. Readers and friends are like manna to an author!





No comments: