Friday, January 23, 2009

page 69 Theory - Bartlett's Rule

There is a theory that if you pick up a book and turn to page 69, you will know if the book is interesting or not


so we are putting it to the test...


~~~~~~
p 69


“Do you want me down on my knee?”

She stared at him. “I wasn’t expecting this.”

He laced his fingers with hers. “I’m kind of blindsided by this too. I started thinking about it yesterday. This morning though it just seems so right.” Lon brought his hand to her jaw and tilted her face to him. “May I kiss you this morning?”

When Paige didn’t answer, Lon took it as agreement.

He slanted his mouth over hers and drank from her sweet lips. He gathered her close to him. Paige could see, and feel, he wanted so much more than a kiss but he held back. She mentally chastised herself. She should have been able to let him know that it would be all right, she should have been able to initiate their lovemaking. But the truth was, she couldn’t. Lon had proven himself to be a patient and considerate lover... hell, he had proven himself to be a terrific lover. But she was still so unsure of herself in the sex department and Paige berated herself for that.

She gently broke their contact with a hand on his chest, his magnificent, muscled and strong chest. “I can’t think. I need time. This is so rushed.”

She could see the disappointment in his eyes. He nodded to show that he accepted her decision. Lon stopped as he was getting out of bed, his feet on the floor, his back to her. “Do you want room service or are you up to the dining room?”

“The dining room is fine.” She looked at him sitting there. “I’m sorry Lon, I just... I need more time.” She watched as he nodded. “I do care for you so much. I wasn’t saying no. I’m just not ready.

There is still time -

go to Lost in a Good Book and get involved in the January Book Discussion of Bartlett's Rule and you might just win an autographed copy of Bartlett's Rule. January book discussions will run through January 31st. Discussion comments will be made in the comment section of each book. (found at the bottom of each posted selection) - moderated by Annette Snyder-Novelist.

Bartlett's Rule
get the e-book (.pdf)

No comments: