Saturday, January 17, 2009

page 69 Theory - Courage of the Heart

There is a theory that if you pick up a book and turn to page 69, you will know if the book is interesting or not
so we are putting it to the test...

~~~~~~
p 69

"Really?" He looked really young and boyish for a moment.


"Of course." Davie laughed. "For some stupid reason I do care about what happens to you even though you keep on pushing me away."

"I'm sorry. Sorry about pushing you away, but not about you caring. I like to know that you care about me." He reached for her hand again. "So, what was the occasion for going home?"

Davie bit her lip. "The sixth anniversary of my mom's death."

"I'm sorry, Davie." Adam knew from the way Davie had talked about her mom that she still took her passing very hard. "I'm glad you were able to be there with your dad."

Davie shook her head and grimaced. "He didn't need me."

"Of course he did."

"Nope. What my father needed was privacy." She looked at Adam with a defensive smile. "I walked in on a lovers' tryst."

"What?"

"It seems that Daddy has a girlfriend and they're getting married."

"That's great!" He saw her hurt expression. "Isn't it?"

Davie stood up and began to pace around Adam's bed. "I guess so. I don't know." Sighing, she stopped at the foot of his bed. "I guess I just have to get used to it."

"You really are upset about this." He frowned.

Davie returned to the chair and leaned closer to Adam. It was comfortable to talk with him. "It's just that I never thought my father could love anybody except for my mom."

"It doesn't mean that he doesn't love her."

2 comments:

By Tina-Sue Ducross said...

I got to try this...

Found the place to follow!

Chelle Cordero said...

Hi Tina-Sue,
Thanks for coming by my blog!
I am posting the Page 69 theory on all 4 books curently out:
1/17: Courage of the Heart
1/23: Bartlett's Rule
1/24: Forgotten
1/27: Within the Law
Hope y'all enjoy.
-C