Monday, May 18, 2015

The story behind Final Sin ~ #MondayBlogs

EMS STRONG

#EMSWeek2015 ~ May 17-23

In early 1985 a young man was brutally murdered at a location fairly near my home, it left our local townspeople shaken to the core. Newspaper article after newspaper article exposed sordid fact after sordid fact' the murder was written about in books, I even knew the first police officer to arrive on the scene. It was uncomfortably local..

Back in those years I spent the summers working as a day camp health supervisor utilizing my EMT certification and taking extra training to satisfy the local Board of Health/ During the summers I drove past this unassuming crime scene every day - the location of the building where the body was found was well off of the road but the numbered mailbox was prominent... and I actually shuddered when I passed it knowing the horror that had taken place.




While the opening scene in Final Sin has no connection to this nightmarish event,  I did picture this section off the winding road as "the scene of the crime" and in my imagination I was able to see the dark and foreboding smokehouse and fill it with terror once again as a fictional (this time) crime scene.Authors and artists often "steal" things they've seen and manipulate scenes into stories; it makes it very real to us and hopefully to our readers as well.

By the time I sat down to write my first EMS Suspense Thriller I had been riding as a NYS EMT (volunteer) for many years, my husband and both kids also rode. Many of our friends were First Responders, EMTs, Paramedics, CFRs, FD, PD and more. There was never a shortage of stories and certainly never a shortage of radios going off in an emergency.

Final Sin is fiction, so is the spin-off sequel Hyphema... but you just might feel as if it's real because most fiction, somewhere and somehow, IS based in reality. I hope that when you read these books you might just feel a little bit uneasy because then I've done my job and made it as real to you as it was to me... (insert evil laugh here)


Deputy Sheriff Commander Jake Carson has his hands full with the investigation of a brutal multiple homicide, a troubled son and a vindictive ex-wife when he meets young, free-spirited paramedic Julie Jennings. He is immediately drawn to her and finds himself unexpectedly falling in love. Julie finds herself just as drawn to him. When Julie becomes the subject of an obsession, it puts both of their lives in extreme danger… Romance…danger…adventure…suspense…another great Chelle Cordero novel sure to grab readers from many genre!

To purchase:

Follow me on Twitter @ChelleCordero for lost of chances to win FREE books this week



No comments: