Friday, August 3, 2012

167 posts

I just entered my 167th post on my Amazon Kindle blog Living, Breathing, Writing; that represents 3.21 years of weekly writing lessons - nearly 39 months - 167 weeks
Wow!
When I first started this Kindle blog, I wondered, could I actually "teach" folks how to write and make it in the writing world? I had after all been conducting in-person writing workshops for a while.

What I found I've done is share the lessons I've learned through the years (journalist since 1981, novelist since 2001) - my blog touches on topics like How to hook your reader, Getting press coverage for you and your book, Fitting writing into your life, Writing about heroes and villains, Getting emotional in your writing, Setting the scene, and more.

...and if you don't own a Kindle, well my fantastic publisher had the foresight to make Living, Breathing, Writing: A Lesson A Day Volume 1  and Living, Breathing, Writing: A Lesson A Day, Volume 2 available for download in multiple e-book formats from Smashwords - each book contains a month's worth of writing lessons based on my Amazon Kindle blog complete with writing exercises and prompts for practice.
Cover for 'Living, Breathing, Writing: A Lesson A Day'
When I started out in the writing world, I appreciated the words
of wisdom shared by my fellow writers who had more
experience and I hope to be helpful to other writers

No comments: