Thursday, October 23, 2014

Looking for something to read?




Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing?
I don’t think it’s as important WHERE I grew up as HOW. I grew up in the Bronx, a northern suburb of New York City and there were many opportunities to be myself, experience adventure, enjoy creativity, and meet so many different people. The HOW is that my parents were very open minded, encouraging and supportive so they allowed me to take advantage of these opportunities. I had a very happy and fulfilling childhood. Whenever things didn’t go just the way I wanted, my parents helped me see the positives and build from there. They loved my sister and me unconditionally and yet still expected us to abide by rules and high standards (they were terrific role models).
What is the greatest joy of writing for you?
I love the idea of people reading the words I write and considering the ideas I pen. I feel a literal thrill every time I see my name on a book or as a byline to an article. It is an astonishing feeling to get people thinking and feeling.
What do your fans mean to you?
My fans and all of my readers are the people I reach out to every time I write. They are the people I look to communicate with, they are the people I write for.
If you were to write a series of novels, what would it be about?
I would probably write a series of novels about Emergency Services, especially medical. I spent nearly three decades myself as a volunteer NYS Certified Emergency Medical Technician responding via an ambulance to all forms of medical and traumatic emergencies; my husband has also been a volunteer EMT and both of our offspring are career EMS. I also spent several years as a volunteer with the NYC Auxiliary Police (where I finally got together with my husband) and I have a lot of folks I care about in fire services. Emergency responders (paid or volunteer) put their own lives on the line constantly and have my complete admiration, respect and gratitude – they help to ensure the welfare of our homes and communities. I’ve already written two EMS stories, Final Sin and Hyphema and I probably will write more.
What question do you wish was on the list? Your answer?
I wish I had been asked about my experiences as a writer, the people and companies I’ve dealt with, and the lessons I’ve learned. I wrote my very first professionally published newspaper article as a favor for the Community Affairs Officer at the precinct where I was an Auxiliary Officer, it was about a young man who died while assisting a mugging victim and it taught me about the necessity of responsible journalism. Years later I freelanced for a few local magazines and learned lots about egos, pride, and the human factor. I also learned about editors who ranged from very easy to very difficult to work with. I made friends with one newspaper editor and we are still friends more than 25 years later, she taught me a lot. The first publishing company I ever signed with wasn’t supportive and I felt very alone and unsuccessful. However I finally found Vanilla Heart Publishing and have truly found a home, learned lots about teamwork, have received total support and have formed terrific friendships with the managing editor and several talented authors. And I still freelance for several magazines, newspapers and even a syndication service. My writing history has left me feeling confident and afforded me a lot of pride.


***
Bartlett’s Rule by Chelle Cordero  shares the story of Lon and Paige’s love affair; a romance filled with hardship, emotion, danger and triumph. Falling in love was never the challenge; being there for each other, knowing just what to say and making it work is the real test. Paige and Lon are “real”; they are human, they cry and they laugh. Paige has to learn to trust. Lon has to learn to be patient.
***
His Lucky Charm by Chelle Cordero - What happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas… this time it follows Brandon and Caitlyn across the country and into a world of espionage and danger. The one thing that Brandon knows for sure is that he can’t afford to lose his lucky charm, Caitlyn.
His Lucky Charm is an unforgettable romance about two people who meet by chance, love by choice and are torn apart by intrigue. Their romance survives a foreign threat to national security, kidnapping, personal tragedy and a murder attempt.  (previously titled Forgotten)
***
Within the Law by Chelle Cordero-Tom gave up on ever falling in love again the day that he buried his high school sweetheart and fiancĂ©. He started a career in law enforcement just so that he could find her murderer and rapist. Just when he is about to see justice done, he meets Alli Davis-the defense attorney for the murdering rapist who took his love from him. Alli and Tom share a mutual and passionate attraction but Alli refuses to make any commitments. She is hiding a huge secret. Tom falls in love with her and pursues her despite a false arrest, kidnapping and attempt on his life.
His Lucky Charm and Within the Law are two highly sensual, romantic and edge-of-your-seat tales. Although His Lucky Charm and Within the Law are two separate stories, they are woven together by a common thread-cousins Caitlyn Smythe and Tom Hughes. Some favorite characters appear in both novels and allow the reader to become totally absorbed into the family.
***
Courage Of The Heart by Chelle Cordero shows us that sometimes love is the only cure for the very deepest of emotional wounds. Adam Sherman has remained quiet about his scandalous past and is comfortable with his reputation as a womanizing and dedicated bachelor. He is an expert in the field of computers including programming, networking and hacking. At twenty-five years old, he is content with his management job at a local Internet Provider. Davie Prescott is twenty years old and a college student who is working part-time at the same Internet Provider where Adam is employed. She was raised in a very close knit family of aunts, uncles and cousins. She and her widowed father are very close. Adam is attracted to Davie, but he shies away from her innocence because he feels his shameful past is too harsh for her existence.
***
Final Sin by Chelle Cordero-Deputy Sheriff Commander Jake Carson has his hands full with the investigation of a brutal multiple homicide, a troubled son and a vindictive ex-wife when he meets young, free-spirited paramedic Julie Jennings. He is immediately drawn to her and finds himself unexpectedly falling in love. Julie finds herself just as drawn to him. When Julie becomes the subject of an obsession, it puts both of their lives in extreme danger…
***
Hostage Heart by Chelle Cordero- Life was hard after the hurricanes swept through, destroying her parents’ home and livelihood…Deanna did the only thing she could do. She moved to New York City, found a job, worked hard, scrimped and saved to send what little she could manage back home to Louisiana to her parents. An errand for her boss – a chance encounter with a crew of bank robbers – a kind man who tried to help her and deserved her courageous help in return… But he wasn’t the man she thought he was…no, he was so very much more!
***
A Chaunce of Riches by Chelle Cordero- Ben Johnson was hired as a bodyguard for a rich widow and her kid, but he never expected to be working for the woman who had abandoned him just when he had needed her the most. Damn it all, he still wanted her. Samantha Chaunce never thought she would have to explain why she married the rich man instead of Ben. Or that her husband had been murdered…and Ben was the prime suspect.
***
Common Bond, Tangled Hearts by Chelle Cordero – Layne Gillette’s world is turned upside down when a man she has never met shows up to lay claim as the father of her 6-year old son. When Layne’s abusive “ex-husband” shows up, they are torn apart by danger, kidnapping and lies.
***
Hyphema by Chelle Cordero – Hyphema: Bleeding in the eye caused by trauma…  Matt Garratti, a paramedic from New York, moves his wife and son to North Carolina to work at his dream job as a flight medic. Pakistani born Sudah, his wife, receives frosty stares and insensitive comments from their new neighbors.  Before long, Matt wonders if he is pursuing his dream or bringing his family into a nightmare from which they may never wake.
***
The Many Faces of Chelle Cordero  by Chelle Cordero ~ The Many Faces of Chelle Cordero is a single author collection of short stories featuring Introduction, Pussycat Tails, Holiday Happiness, Not Alone, I Swear That Raccoon Just Knocked on the Door, Stormy Weather, A Mother’s Love, More Than a Friend, The Meeting, The Vacation and a special bonus section.
***
Karma Visited  by Chelle Cordero
Do you believe in karma? Annie Furman has a gift that allows her, while she sleeps, to visit people in their time of need – but who will be there for her when she needs help? Undersheriff Dave Turner is investigating a series of home invasions and homicides. He has no idea that solving this case will lead him to the woman of his dreams.
***
60+ Days to Live, Breathe, & Write by Chelle Cordero ~ Chelle Cordero and Vanilla Heart Publishing present 60+ Days to Live, Breathe, & Write – previously published as Living, Breathing, Writing, Volumes 1 and 2. This combined collection gives both the aspiring writer and the accomplished writer two complete months of lessons about the craft of writing and being a writer, from time management to social networking, organizing queries to publication, the business of being a writer, and more.
***
Until the Ambulance Arrives ~ Until the Ambulance Arrives is a helpful guide by Chelle Cordero, Emergency Medical Technician, CPR and First Aid Instructor. Chelle is a multi-published author, journalist and writer for multiple publications, and has included teaser chapters of her two EMS Novels – Final Sin and Hyphema – in this FREE e-book.
***
Buy Links ~ Print, E-book & Audio




No comments: