Monday, July 28, 2008

Paige (from Bartlett's Rule) writes to Caitlyn (of Forgotten)

Hi Caitlyn,

I read your letter (Open Letter from Caitlyn) and thought I might lend you some support.

I know how important trust is in a relationship so I can understand why you feel the way you do about Brandon’s duplicity. But I also know, because Lon spoke with Brandon about this, that Brandon did what he did because he thought he had to protect you. Now I am not excusing him, I don’t like lies or “half-truths” at all. Just know that he really does love you.

It’s funny because Lon wasn’t who I thought he was either – but yeah, in his case, he wasn’t really trying to fool me; he just thought he had a public image he had to live up to. I’m so happy that I gave Lon a chance though and it really did pay off.

I am going to read Forgotten – I’ve got a copy sitting right here and I plan to start it tonight. While I understand why you don’t want anything to do with Brandon I really am hoping that you give him a chance. Lon said he’s a really good man and I do trust Lon’s judgment.

Listen, stay in touch, okay? If you need to talk, I’m here. I hope it all works out for you and Brandon.

Best always,

Paige

No comments: