Thursday, February 5, 2015

#TBT for real!

Today was just such an appropriate day to unexpectedly meet up with someone I haven't seen in about 15 years — after all, it is #ThrowbackThursday, the day we all try to trigger a bit of a time tunnel trip to the past.

After picking up an item at a local store I was just beginning to back my car out of a parking space when I was flagged down by a smiling woman who had just parked her own vehicle. She looked familiar as she neared my car...

"I know you!"
"You look familiar, too."
"We were in the same Bat Mitzvah class together!"
...

(We were both Bat Mitzvah'd as adults, I was 40 and it was about a year AFTER my daughter's Bat Mitzvah at 13) 
By Valley2city (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons


Circumstances had changed, the shul we both went to went belly-up, and we lost touch through the years. But it was just so good to see each other again.

I re-parked my car and went back into the store with her and we just stood and chatted asking about each other's families and the latest news. 10... 15 minutes went by far too fast; maybe it was 20? We exchanged contact info and promised each other we'll keep in touch.

I hope we do.


No comments: